SHIITAKE SESAME SHIITAKE MUSHROOMS OVER JASMINE RICE
INGREDIENTS (for two people)
- 1/2 pound shiitake mushrooms, stems removed and slied lengthwise
- 1/2 pound portobello, sliced lenthwise
- 1 cup jasmine rice
- 1 red pepper
- 1 tbsp black sesame seeds
SESAME MAPLE SAUCE
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoons mandarin juice
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 small garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons chives
- Cook 1 cup jasmine rice in 2 cups of water as directed by the brand of choice.
- Slice shiitake mushrooms and remove stems. Cut bell pepper into strips.
- Prepare the sesame and maple sauce. Mix all ingredients in a bowl, taste and adjust with a little more soy sauce or a little more maple syrup depending on your taste.
- In a skillet sauteé bell pepper with shiitake mushrooms for 4 minutes.
- Once they are more golden and have softened, add the sesame maple sauce.
- Cook for 5 minutes or until sauce thickens.
- Serve shiitake mushrooms on a bed of jasmine rice with chopped chives on top.
Recipe and pictures credits to www.comocomecami.com