INGREDIENTS (for two people)
- 2 avocados (ripe)
- 2 cucumbers (peel and scrape out seeds)
- juice from 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon of lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 cup of cold water
- 1/2 cup creamed coconut (see picture because it's not easy to find at the grocery store)
- 1 chopped fresh jalapeño chile (with seeds if you like it hot)
- 1/2 tablespoon of sea salt
- 1 tablespoon of soy sauce (low sodium)
- 1 cup jasmine rice
- Fresh Cilantro (for garnish)
- coconut flakes (unsweetened, for garnish)
- black sesame seeds (for garnish)
- coriander (for garnish)
- a few ice cubes to blend in the soup at the end (if you don't have time to chill before eating)
- For the soup, put the cucumbers, avocados, lemon juice, lemon zest, olive oil, sugar, water, creamed coconut, jalapeño, salt and soy sauce into the blender or food processor and process until creamy and smooth. Cover and refrigerate until chilled (15 minutes) or blend in a 2 ice cubes). Add water if needed to get the consistency you want (I prefer not to add more water).
- Start cooking the jasmine rice while the soup is chilling.
- Serve cold with warm jasmine rice, fresh coriander, cilantro, coconut flakes and black sesame seeds.
Recipe inspiration credits to www.comocomecami.com